Australian Mental Health Leaders Fellowship
The Australian Mental Health Leaders Fellowship is the first program of its kind in Australia, designed to meet the needs of emerging leaders with a passion and commitment to mental health.
The 2020 AMHLF Application Round is now closed. Applicants will be notified of outcomes on Friday 24 April 2020.
Please direct any enquiries regarding the Fellowship or your application to:
Phone: 02 8229 7550
Email: [email protected]
About the Fellowship
The prestigious Fellowship was developed and led by the National Mental Health Commission and funded by the Australian Government.
The Fellowship incorporates a mix of experiential learning, reflective practice and group activity supported by expert facilitators, coaches and mentors. The educational content designed and delivered by the University of Melbourne includes mentors sourced from a pool of experienced health managers and leaders.
The Fellowship consists of five components:
- Residential learning and networking workshops delivered by a prestigious university.
- One week of experiential learning in a workplace environment providing exposure to leadership roles in various work settings, and the opportunity to reflect on participants own leadership style.
- Diagnostic and assessment tools measuring leadership style, strengths, and capabilities.
- A 12 month mentoring program.
- A collaborative group project conducted over approximately six months to assist participants to apply what they have learnt to practical and contemporary issues.
There is an ongoing Fellows alumni network.