Accountability and Reporting
As an Australian Government agency, our decisions must be transparent, our policies credible and our practices fair and ethical. We are committed to achieving well-coordinated, efficient and accountable administration. We comply with legislative and mandatory government reporting obligations, including those set out below.
Senate Order 192 on Agency Contracts (Murray Motion)
Pursuant to the Senate Order for Departmental and Agency Contracts (as amended December 2003), the contracts entered into by the National Mental Health Commission which provide for a consideration to the value of $100 000 or more are set out below.
- Murray Motion 2018-19 | PDF 121KB
- Murray Motion 2018 | PDF 79KB
- Murray Motion 2017-18 | PDF 79KB
- Murray Motion 2017 | PDF 80KB
- Murray Motion 2016-17 | PDF 76KB
- Murray Motion 2016 | PDF 74KB
- Murray Motion 2015-16 | PDF 12KB
Details of our procurement contracts are available from the AusTender website.
Commonwealth Grant Rules and Guidelines reporting
In line with the Commonwealth Grant Rules and Guidelines, our grants are reported on GrantConnect, the Australian Government's grants information system.
Senate Order 16 (Minchin Motion) agency grants reporting requirements
In accordance with Minchin Motion (Senate Order 16), agencies are required to table in the Senate a list of all grants approved by the Minister no later than seven days before the commencement of budget estimates, supplementary budget estimates and additional estimates hearings.
- Minchin Motion - 15 March to 30 September 2019 | PDF 110KB
- Minchin Motion - 29 January 2019 to 14 March 2019 | PDF 90KB
- Minchin Motion - 2 October 2018 to 28 January 2019 | PDF 96KB
- Minchin Motion - 1 May to 1 October 2018 | PDF 362KB
- Minchin Motion - 6 February to 30 April 2018 | PDF 93KB
Legal Services Expenditure
Under the Legal Services Directions 2017 agencies are required to make publicly available a record of their legal services expenditure for the previous financial year.
Senate Order 12 (Harradine Report)
Under Senate Order 12, agencies are required to publish an indexed list of relevant files created or updated by the agency in the past 12 months. Relevant files include those that relate to our policy advising functions. The Commission's Harradine file listings are published on the Department of Health website.