Please note: the National Mental Health Commission does not take responsibility for the information or advice accessed outside our website.
Emergency assistance 000
If you need emergency assistance phone 000 for police, ambulance or fire services.
Crisis support lines 24/7
Lifeline 13 11 14
Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467
Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800
MensLine Australia 1300 78 99 78
Family Drug Support 1300 368 186
You can also get help from:
- For current information regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) visit the Department of Health website or call the Coronavirus Health Information Line 1800 020 080. If you require translating or interpreting services, call 131 450.
- If you are currently impacted by the Bushfires, you can access immediate free counselling by visiting your nearest recovery centre, Mobile Services Centre or contacting Services Australia 180 22 66. You can also access mental health information, disaster toolkits and resources at Life In Mind. Visit: https://www.lifeinmindaustralia.com.au/mental-health-support-for-bushfire-affected-communities
- Head to Health for free and low-cost online and phone mental health resources
- A local GP or health professional
For current and former Australian Defence Force members and their families
Open Arms - Veterans & Families Counselling 1800 011 046
All-hours Support Line 1800 628 036
Defence Family Helpline 1800 624 608
1800 IM SICK 1800 467 425
Australian Defence Force personnel can also contact your:
- Local health facility
- Mental Health & Psychology Section
- Unit Welfare Officer
- Chain of command.