11 July 2013
Documents relating to the “Can we talk…about mental illness and suicide?” Report. Specifically:
- Documents outlining the Commission’s objectives for the research and the Report.
- All documents relating to the initial approach by Think Insight & Advice (hereafter referred to as ‘Think’), subsequent interactions with Think prior to presentation of their proposal, including information provided to assist Think construct a proposal to the Commission.
- Those parts of Think’s proposal to the Commission relating to the research objectives and methodology.
- Documents relating to the selection of and invitations to other research companies to provide a proposal to conduct the research for the Report, in particular the research brief provided to research companies.
- Documents relating to how the Think proposal was appraised against the Commission’s objectives.
- The contract with Think.
- Documents pertaining to all cost components of the research and Report.
- Documents describing the research methods and data analysis methods.
- Documents pertaining to instructions to Think as to the language or writing style and how the data were to be presented in the Report.
Seventeen (17) documents and attachments:
- Email from the Director of Policy, Strategy and Projects (Director PSP) of National Mental Health Commission (NMHC) to GFK Blue Moon Research and Planning
- Email from Director PSP of NMHC to Ipsos Social Research Institute
- Email exchange from Commissioner Mostyn to NMHC CEO and exchanges between NMHC staff
- Think Insight and Advice summary of the company
- Introductory email from Director PSP to Randall Pearce
- Introductory exchange between Director PSP and Randall Pearce
- Outlook calendar conference call with Randall Pearce
- Email from Randall Pearce follow up after teleconference to NMHC staff
- Email with attachments from Randall Pearce and exchange with Director PSP on panels 9A. Attachment: ‘commercial in confidence’ Mental Health; Community check-up proposal (1)
- Simple procurement form
- ‘commercial in confidence’ Mental Health; Community check-up proposal (2)
- ‘commercial in confidence’ Mental Health; Community check-up proposal (3)
- ‘commercial in confidence’ Mental Health; Community check-up proposal (4)FINAL 13A. Attachment: Study design. 13B. Attachment: Contract
- Email from Randall Pearce to Director PSP with discussion group distribution
14A. Attachment: Group distribution tables by state/area and researcher
- Email exchange from Randall Pearce and Commission staff on the draft thought starter
- Email exchange From Director PSP to Randall Pearce on Mileage costs
- Email Exchange between Randall Pearce and Director PSP
Published 24 July 2013
Released with deletions on the basis of public interest conditional exemption – personal privacy; section 47F(1) of the Freedom of Information Act 1982.