24 Apr 2015
There has been significant media coverage of the National Review of Mental Health Programmes and Services since its formal release on 16 April 2015.
Below is a selection of recent media coverage:
- Abbott urged to back mental health report – Lateline, 16 April 2015
- Sussan Ley wants states and territories to collaborate on mental health reform – The Guardian, 16 April 2015
- Mental health review published online in full, recommends moving funding from hospitals to community health – ABC, 16 April 2015
- Sussan Ley’s mental health redesign from ground up – The Australian, 17 April 2015
- Health minister Sussan Ley: 'Disturbing picture' of mental health in Australia – Sydney Morning Herald, 17 April 2015
- Editorial: Mental health morass needs action and money as well as talk – Sydney Morning Herald, 17 April 2015
- Editorial: Government must not delay on mental health –The Age, 19 April 2015
Opinion pieces from the National Mental Health Commission Chair and Commissioners:
- Meaningful mental health reform can happen right now, together – Crikey, 22 April 2015
- Seven suicides a day: Time to stop them – The Daily Telegraph, 23 April 2015
- Time to implement national mental health reform - Med J Aust 2015; 202 (10): 515-51.